Cooking time: 25 minutes
6 large eggs
½ cup milk
¼ cup heavy cream, or milk
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon frying oil
1 small zucchini 6 oz/170g
- 50g fresh spinach leaves
3 cloves garlic
- 1 piece of 145g salmon portion
- 60g soft goat’s cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F / 200 °C
2. Whisk the eggs with milk, italian seasoning, and cream together, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
3. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and then into ¼-inch (5mm) slices.
4. Rinse the spinach thoroughly and spin dry (when using thick and big leaves, cut off the stalks), chop the garlic finely.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the zucchini, cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, until tender and slightly browned.
6. Add the spinach and garlic, cook for 30 seconds or until wilted (thicker and larger spinach leaves need to be cooked a little longer).
7. TIP 1: If you are using an ovenproof frying pan – pour the egg mixture over the vegetables, stir, cook for about 2 minutes (without stirring) over medium-low hea. Take the pan off the heat, add the salmon pieces and goat’s cheese (divided with a teaspoon into small portions) on top. Put the frittata in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until the eggs are set.
TIP 2: If your pan is not suitable to put in the oven – spread the zucchini and garlic at the bottom of a round baking dish, pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and place the salmon pieces and goat cheese (divided with a teaspoon into small portions) on top. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set.
8. To check if the frittata is ready, just shake slightly with the pan – it should not be jiggly in the middle. Enjoy!