Salmon Head Sinigang sa Miso
SALMON HEAD SINIGANG SA MISO
SERVINGS: 3 people
COOKING TIME: 3O MINUTES
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, sliced finely
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely julienned
- 3 pcs tomatoes, diced
- ⅓ cup miso, yellow
- Datu Puti Fish sauce, to taste
- ½ kg salmon head, cleaned and gutted
- 1 pack Knorr sinigang sa miso
- 1 cup radish, peeled and cut into ¼ inch rounds
- 3 pcs sili espada
- 100g mustasa leaves, cleaned
- Heat cooking oil in a pot. Sauté garlic, onion, ginger, and tomatoes until they start to soften and become fragrant. Add miso and continue cooking over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add water. Season to taste with salt or patis. Add salmon heads. Bring to a simmer. Lower heat and continue simmering for 10 minutes.
- Add tamarind paste. Add more salt or patis, if necessary.
- Add radishes and sili espada. Simmer for another 3 minutes or until radishes are cooked. Add mustard leaves and cilantro; heat through. Serve with white rice and extra patis.