Serving: 3 people
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1 whole bangus, cleaned and cut 1.5 inch sections
- 1 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pieces tomato, chopped
- 4 tbsp tausi, rinsed and drained
- 1 piece red onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and julienned
- ½ cup Datu puti White Vingear
- 1 cup water
- 10g spring onions, chopped (Optional)
- Place flour on a plate, set aside.
- Season fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper then coat them with flour.
- Prepare wok, add enough oil for pan frying the fish. Once hot pan fry fish until brown on all sides. Set aside.
- Drain oil and leave 2 tablespoons from wok. Sauté garlic, onions and ginger for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Add water, vinegar, tausi and deep fried tofu. Bring it to a boil then simmer in low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt if needed, turn off heat then serve while hot. Serve